Professional Project Partners
Marketing Manager (Governance, Risk, & Compliance) Des Moines Iowa
Role: Marketing Manager (Governance, Risk, & Compliance)
Location: Downtown Des Moines (remote M/F, on-site T/W/Th)
Business Initiatives: Our client is undergoing a foundational transformation in their Marketing space, shifting the scope of marketing function and core capabilities to support strategic, data-driven decision-making. This will ensure measurable impacts that are aligned to business objectives of acquisition and retention.
Team Size/Structure: Marketing Team is large enterprise. Governance, Risk and Compliance Team is a small area working within each department.
As a Marketing Governance, Risk, & Compliance Manager, you will manage day-to-day and time-bound initiatives for Marketing and Corporate Communications related governance, risk, and compliance tasks in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures. You will work in partnership with Legal and Compliance to ensure Marketing and Corporate Communication’s adherence and, when applicable, timely and satisfactory resolution of all identified industry, product and marketing regulation issues across all marketing channels and executions. As a marketing compliance subject matter expert, you will research, track, report and resolve issues needing to be addressed, and respond to requests for data validation for regulatory audits. To ensure successful adherence, you will consult with external regulatory agencies and internal teams to gather data inputs concerning compliance issues and identify when additional information is needed to complete research and provide resolution. Lastly, you will provide reporting and participate in compliance related meetings and/or phone calls with stakeholders and project management skills in support of governance routines and special initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or direct and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with solicitation and/or data privacy compliance, or related area, with demonstrated ability to review, analyze, and interpret regulations/guidelines to provide insights or recommendations.
- Ability to measure and evaluate work processes and utilize appropriate resources to identify opportunities or implement solutions.
- Aptitude to learn and stay current on compliance best practices and industry regulations as it relates to marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to, developing written communication, and presenting to various internal and external audiences. Strong documentation skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment through effective time management and organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word. Technical aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
- Marketing related compliance experience within insurance, financial services, or related, highly regulated, industry.
- Data-driven digital marketing compliance experience.
- Medicare and/or Affordable Care Act marketing and communications knowledge.
- Serve as a business resource and subject matter expert for marketing and corporate communications related governance, risk, and compliance. Educate stakeholders on ways to comply.
- Support process evaluation, creation and/or optimizations for Marketing and Corporate Communications. Participate in inter-departmental project teams, work groups and process improvement initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and support corporate process improvement initiatives, meeting aggressive timeframes. Assist with project planning and successful rollout of changes as it pertains to governance, risk, and compliance in Marketing.
- Coordinate and support compliance calendar routines. Collaborate with Legal and Compliance and other internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage issues log tracking. Interpret results, identify key findings, and provide timely and accurate information to leadership that must be addressed.
- Research and gather appropriate data from various sources. Source, extract, assemble, collate, and consolidate data needs for the business. Generate reports and create documents that communicate various metrics, including quarterly results.
- Ensure high quality data and communication compliance and integrity. Recommend applicable solutions.
- Using relevant technology tools, create, update, and maintain documentation and team resources/procedures (ex: Required Language document, campaign/effort readiness checklist)
- Assist in the preparation and development of materials; present relevant information to stakeholders and other business areas, as needed.