Professional Project Partners
Office Manager + Bookkeeper West Des Moines Iowa
We are actively seeking an Office Manager & Bookkeeper to join our clients team! In this role, you will be responsible for the meticulous oversight of bank account management, payroll administration, and various HR and insurance-related tasks. This multifaceted position requires ensuring compliance, vigilant financial monitoring, and close collaboration with colleagues to address diverse concerns, including supply management.
- Manage various bank accounts, including handling checks, deposits, and reconciliation.
- Oversee payroll activities, including reviewing payroll, calculating and transferring funds, and managing 401K and HSA contributions.
- Monitor time clock, approve PTO, and report on employee attendance.
- Assist with HR and insurance-related tasks, including paperwork for new employees and benefits coordination.
- Provide support for legal work, such as client reconciliation and contact.
- Handle trust accounts and ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Monitor payments and billing for various clients.
- Handle tax, insurance, work comp audits, trust audits, and state agency surveys.
- Collaborate with the accounting department to resolve financial issues.
- Work with co-workers to address and solve any arising concerns.
- Order and manage office and cleaning supplies.
- General bookkeeping experience is required
- Experience with law firm/trust accounting is a bonus
- Strong proficiency in Quicken, Tabs3, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in financial operations or a similar role is a plus